Let’s Talk Darts!

Let’s Talk Darts!

Harrows Quadro 240

Notifications
Clear all

Harrows Quadro 240

(@neilronaldson)
Topic starter  

I was able to buy this dart board in 1996…. I still have it today, it’s condition is fine but the colour has faded, we moving to the uk by the end of this year and i was wondering can it be refurbished?

I see Harrows don’t make this board anymore 😔

(@shaun)
Eminent Member Admin

If the original colour has faded there is no way to restore it but there are definitely some things you can do to breath some life back into it.

I would first try blowing it with compressed air just to make sure you there is not a thin layer of dust dulling everything down. This will also make sure the board is clean before you try anything else. Do not use water on the board or get it wet in any way. Ever!

After that I would try a sharpie/highlighter combination or paint. Definitely test a small segment of the non-playable area first. I would even give it a few days to make sure it settles well. If you check youtube there are a few examples of people restoring their boards like this and I have never seen it goo bad.

ReplyQuote
DartHelp.com
(@darthelp)
Eminent Member Admin

Here is a Darts Referee using a Sharpie

And here is a full restoration (with painting) of a very messed up Harrows board

It really is amazing how well a damaged board can be brought back to life with a little time and patience.

This post was modified 3 months ago by DartHelp.com

ReplyQuote
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest